Aoe_TemplateHints or Magento Advanced Template Hints 2.0
Author: Fabrizio Branca
- shows all blocks (and not only the blocks inheriting from Mage_Core_Block_Template),
- show the cache status of blocks (cached, uncached or nested in a cached block),
- add much more useful data depending on the block type (e.g. template file or cms block-id – check the original blog post for a reference),
- cleans up the visual appearance of the template hints,
- can be triggered without changing configuration settings in the backend
- …and is much more fun to use
- A red border means that the block is not cached.
- A green border means that this block is cached. The popup will contain some additional information on cache key, lifetime and tags.
- A yellow border means that the block itself is not cached, but it is nested in a cached (green) block that will implicitly cache this block as well.
The template hints will be activated by appending the parameter
to the url or passing this parameter in a cookie. In addition to this the current ip must match the configured dev-ip settings.
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf=”http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#” xmlns:dc=”http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/” xmlns:trackback=”http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/”> <rdf:Description rdf:about=”https://confluence.vaimo.com/display/development/Aoe+templatehints” dc:identifier=”https://confluence.vaimo.com/display/development/Aoe+templatehints” dc:title=”Aoe templatehints” trackback:ping=”https://confluence.vaimo.com/rpc/trackback/1703943″/> </rdf:RDF>